SPIROL Introduces New Precision Machined Compression Limiters to Protect Plastic Assemblies
SPIROL is pleased to introduce the new Series CL6000 lightweight, lead-free, Aluminum Precision Machined Compression Limiters. Compression Limiters are designed to reinforce high stress joints in plastic assemblies where bolts are used to connect two components to each other. They protect the plastic from excessive compression by absorbing the load when the bolt is tightened to the recommended tightening torque. This ensures the durability and reliability of the joint throughout the product’s lifespan.
The CL6000 is machined from 2024 grade aluminum which provides the best combination of strength, corrosion resistance, machineability and cost. The CL6000 aluminum Compression Limiters are 40% stronger and 1/3 the weight of the same Compression Limiter manufactured from brass.
For applications that require extra bearing surface for the mating component, the CL6100 Headed Compression Limiter has all of the same features of the CL6000, with the addition of a head. In addition, for applications that require a galvanic alternative to aluminum, SPIROL is simultaneously launching the new CL8000 brass precision machined Compression Limiters, as well as the CL8100 headed brass version.
SPIROL offers several different standard types of Compression Limiters to meet specific application requirements and assembly methods. The current Series CL600 & CL800 lines of machined Compression Limiters are being replaced with the enhanced CL6000 and CL8000 based on the following benefits:
- Precision: Enhanced control of critical features and better geometric dimensioning and tolerancing make this series ideal for highly automated or molded-in assembly processes.
- Retention: Superior knurl formation and control result in more consistent and robust retention performance in post-mold assembly processes.
- Product Range: Larger selection of standard products to meet expansive application requirements and preferences.
The new standard Precision Machined Compression Limiters are available in a wide range of standard sizes, in both aluminum and brass, and in headed and non-headed configurations.
- The attached data sheets detail the specifications of the new aluminum Series CL6000 & CL6100 and brass Series CL8000 & CL8100 Compression Limiters.
- Download the latest SPIROL Compression Limiters Design Guide for the specifications of all standard Compression Limiters, as well as information about how to design-in and install the most appropriate Compression Limiter for your assembly!
The function and total overall cost of the assembly vary drastically based on the type of Compression Limiter used in the application. SPIROL's Engineering team will help determine the most appropriate Compression Limiter based on the specific application and assembly requirements.
For complimentary design assistance, contact the nearest SPIROL location or simply request Technical Support for help determining the most appropriate Compression Limiter for your assembly!
# # #
SPIROL is a leading expert in fastening, joining and assembly. We are a technical resource that provides high quality components that improve the quality of your assembly, extend the life of your products and reduce your total manufacturing costs.
We are a global manufacturer of engineered fasteners, installation machines, and parts feeding equipment producing over two billion components annually. In addition to high quality products, SPIROL has Application Engineers throughout the world to assist you in your designs, supported by state-of-the-art manufacturing centers and global stocking facilities to simplify the logistics of delivering your product.
Contact SPIROL early in the design stage of your next project for complimentary Application Engineering Assistance!
Why Should You Partner with SPIROL?
Our core purpose is to be a resource that facilitates the reduction of your assembly costs, improves your product quality and enhances your overall competitiveness. In addition, SPIROL offers: