SPIROL Releases Major Update for the Series 2000 High Performance Feed Systems
SPIROL is pleased to announce the redesigned Mark VI controller for their Series 2000 High Performance Feed Systems. The Mark VI Controller introduces a 7” touchscreen display with 50 recipe storage capacity and Ethernet interface for remote access and control.
The Mark VI is unique when compared to conventional feeder controls because it monitors the operation of the Series 2000 feed system and continuously adjusts the output drive frequency to match the natural resonant frequency of the drive unit. The controller automatically adjusts the power level and synchronizes it with the two independent axes of motion within the drive unit to achieve maximum feeding efficiency.
Enhanced features include:
- USB receptacle provides access for firmware updates while in the field
- Ethernet connection for remote web browser access with full functionality
- RS232 receptacle provides serial communication with queries and commands to set power levels
- Input port and cable allows for remote stop/run, track sense on/off, vertical inhibit which will idle the bowl, and feed direction reversal of the S2000 Drive
- Output port and cable allows Mark VI control of accessory equipment
- A large capacitor bank recycles energy, promoting efficiency and conserving energy effectively reducing your carbon footprint
Elliptical bowl motion generated by the coordination of the two axes of motion provides the following benefits:
- Smoother, gentler feeding eliminates damage and significantly reduces noise levels
- Consistent part per minute feed rate
- Bowl interchangeability on one drive unit without the need for mechanical tuning
- Ability to discharge all product from the bowl to accommodate small batch runs
- High speeds, up to 2.5X conventional system rates
This system is ideal for fragile, tactile, and slippery parts.
Remote access, multiple program feature and continuous feedback loop puts the SPIROL Mark VI Controller with Series 2000 High Performance Feed System on the leading edge in feeder technology.
For more information, please download the Series 2000 High Performance technical brochure.
# # #
Beginning with the invention of the Coiled Pin in 1948, SPIROL International Corporation has continuously grown to introduce new products, as well as improve the performance of established lines, resulting in millions of dollars of savings for our customers. Headquartered in Danielson, CT, SPIROL now operates globally across four continents and is a leading manufacturer of a diverse line of engineered components for fastening, joining, and assembly including: Coiled Spring Pins, Slotted Spring Pins, Solid Pins, Alignment Dowels and Bushings, Spacers, Compression Limiters, Threaded Inserts for Plastics, Disc Springs, Precision Shims, Pin Installation Equipment, Insert Installation Equipment, Compression Limiter Installation Equipment and High Performance Feeding Systems. Partner with SPIROL early in your design stage to simplify your assembly process, improve the quality of your product, and lower the overall cost of your assembly!
Why Should You Partner with SPIROL?
Our core purpose is to be a resource that facilitates the reduction of your assembly costs, improves your product quality and enhances your overall competitiveness. In addition, SPIROL offers: