SPIROL Scholarships Awarded for 2016/2017 Academic Year
SPIROL offers annual scholarships based on an applicant’s demonstrated commitment to the pursuit of academic excellence, involvement in extracurricular activities and dedication to community service. In addition to being well-rounded and committed to volunteering, in order to be eligible for the SPIROL Scholarship, students must have a 3.0 or higher and must be pursuing a degree in Engineering, Basic Sciences or Manufacturing Technology.
Since 1993, SPIROL has awarded over $652,000 in scholarships! The scholarship awards range from a minimum of $2,000 to a maximum of $5,000 per year per recipient — which can total up to $20,000 over the recipient’s college career!
In addition to receiving money towards college, scholarship recipients may elect to participate in paid summer employment at one of SPIROL’s facilities.
For the 2016/2017 academic year, there were eight returning SPIROL Scholarship recipients:
- Marianna Bailey (Rhode Island) – Marianna is pursuing a Bachelor of Science in Chemical Engineering at Worcester Polytechnic Institute.
- Lauren Biernacki (Connecticut) – Lauren is pursuing a Bachelor of Science in the Honors Program for Computer Science and Engineering at UCONN.
- Elizabeth “Ellie” Coffee (Rhode Island) – Ellie is attending Worcester Polytechnic Institute pursuing her Bachelor of Science in Civil Engineering, and plans on getting her Masters in Fire Protection Engineering.
- Graysen DeLuca (Connecticut) – Graysen is attending Worcester Polytechnic Institute (WPI) pursuing a degree in Mechanical Engineering.
- Owen Guillot (Connecticut) – Owen is attending Roger Williams University pursuing a degree in Mechanical Engineering.
- Charles Kelly (Vermont) – Charles is attending Lafayette University pursuing a degree in Mechanical Engineering.
- Derek Meier (Connecticut) – Derek is attending UCONN pursuing a Bachelor of Science in Mechanical Engineering.
- Ian McVey (Ohio) – Ian is attending Northern Ohio University pursuing a degree in Mechanical Engineering.
There were three new SPIROL Scholarship recipients for the 2015/2016 academic year:
- Amanda Haines – Amanda is attending Northeastern University pursuing a degree in Environmental Engineering.
- Emma Parisi – Emma is attending North Carolina State pursuing a degree in Civil Engineering.
- Abby Kaiji – Abby is attending Dickinson College pursuing a degree in Environmental Engineering.
There are two recipients, Robert Watson and Elaina Becher, at QVCC who are pursuing their Associate’s degrees in Engineering Science. Based on the eligibility criteria provided by SPIROL, the recipients of these two annual SPIROL Scholarships are administered and selected through the foundation at QVCC (not SPIROL).
SPIROL is dedicated to continuing its support of local youth and assisting them in realizing their educational aspirations through its continued offering of scholarships. The company considers these scholarships a valuable investment in the future growth of our community, state, and country.
# # #
Beginning with the invention of the Coiled Pin in 1948, SPIROL International Corporation has continuously grown to introduce new products, as well as improve the performance of established lines, resulting in millions of dollars of savings for our customers. Headquartered in Danielson, CT, SPIROL now operates globally across four continents and is a leading manufacturer of a diverse line of engineered components for fastening, joining, and assembly including: Coiled Spring Pins, Slotted Spring Pins, Solid Pins, Alignment Dowels and Bushings, Spacers, Compression Limiters, Threaded Inserts for Plastics, Disc Springs, Precision Shims, Pin Installation Equipment, Insert Installation Equipment, Compression Limiter Installation Equipment and High Performance Feeding Systems. Partner with SPIROL early in your design stage to simplify your assembly process, improve the quality of your product, and lower the overall cost of your assembly!
Why Should You Partner with SPIROL?
Our core purpose is to be a resource that facilitates the reduction of your assembly costs, improves your product quality and enhances your overall competitiveness. In addition, SPIROL offers: