Pre-Stacked Disc Springs
SPIROL offers Disc Springs pre-stacked in custom configurations (greased or ungreased) packaged in shrink wrap with a perforated tab for ease of insertion into the assembly. The Pre-Stacked Disc Springs are delivered intact which saves time, mistake-proofs the assembly process, and eliminates the mess associated with greasing the stack.
Have an existing Pre-Stacked Disc Springs Application? If you have an existing Disc Spring Stack that you would like quoted, please Request a Quote. We are here to help!
Application Engineering Support: SPIROL Engineering will assist in determining the optimum Disc Stack configuration to meet your specific application requirements. To engage SPIROL's technical team, simply Request Engineering Support or Contact Us at our closest global location.
Disc Spring Product Listing
Pre-Stacked Disc Springs
For existing applications, please Request a Quote and provide SPIROL with the drawing of your custom Disc Spring Stack assembly along with your quantity, delivery and any other requirements, and one of our team members will respond quickly to you. If you would like assistance in determining the most appropriate Disc Spring Stack for your application, please Request Engineering Support. We are here to help!
Additional Disc Spring Options
SPIROL’s Application Engineers will assist you in the design and selection of the most cost effective Disc Spring Stack to fit in your space constraints while meeting your specific force and deflection requirements. Our experienced team can often configure a stack of smaller, less costly Disc Springs to get the same performance as larger, more expensive Discs. Our Engineers will also assist in developing special Disc Spring Stacks to meet the requirements of unique applications. This includes special dimensions, materials, finishes, shapes, shot peening, presetting and stacking.
Application Success Stories
Disc Spring Stack in Crane Overload Safety Switch
A manufacturer approached SPIROL for assistance on designing a stack of Disc Springs that would reliably activate an overload mechanism for a warehouse crane. The designer had a specific range for the crane to function, and the Disc Springs were to activate the overload mechanism preventing the use of the crane at loads over 2700kg (26.48kN). The manufacturer’s design parameters limited the maximum Disc Spring diameter to 94mm and a stack height of 150mm.
- SPIROL’s Application Engineering Team determined that (20) alloy steel (51CrV4) Disc Springs (DSC 90 x 46 x 5mm WR) stacked in series would provide the nominal force/deflection requirements within the physical constraints of the design.
- Disc Springs stacked in series perform such that deflection is a single Disc multiplied by the number of Discs and the force is the same as a single Disc.
- To ensure the Disc Spring Stack would perform as desired at the minimum and maximum material conditions, SPIROL Engineering’s evaluation included calculating the performance of the Disc Spring Stack at the extreme limits of the tolerance range.
- In the end, the recommended Disc Spring Stack met all performance requirements within the physical constraints of the design.
Disc Spring Stack in Mechanical Clutch in Heavy Duty Right Angle Drill
The lead engineer at a prominent hand and power tool company contacted SPIROL for help determining the best Disc Spring design for a new lightweight, compact, and portable Heavy Duty Right Angle Drill.
- SPIROL Engineering designed two special Disc Springs stacked in series to meet the specific force and deflection requirements.
- Disc Springs offer a higher load capacity in less space as compared to conventional coil springs which enables the designer to make the tool more compact.
- Unlike Belleville Washers that are mostly used in static applications, Disc Springs provide unparalleled predictability, reliability and fatigue life in highly dynamic applications.
- By partnering with SPIROL and incorporating our recommendation, the customer minimized costly development time and confidently launched their new high quality drill to the market.
Disc Spring Stack in Turret Punch Press Assembly
Traditional turret punch press tool designs utilize coil springs (die springs) to facilitate the stripping mechanism of a die. In a traditional press, the option of material type and material thickness is limited by the coil springs inability to produce a high force in a short linear distance. When this performance is necessary, coil springs will have a negative effect on the quality of the formed product and efficiency of the manufacturing process.
- When stacked in series, SPIROL Disc Springs are capable of providing a greater, more consistent stripping force than coil springs and require less space.
- A coil spring must be seven times larger than the Disc Spring Stack to achieve the same spring rate
- Disc Spring Stacks have become an instrumental component in the advancement of turret punch press tooling - especially when needing to form thick materials, large extrusions and more complex designs.
Local Design, Global Supply.
SPIROL has Application Engineers throughout the world to assist you in your designs, supported by state-of-the-art manufacturing centers and worldwide stocking facilities to simplify the logistics of delivering your product.
Have a manufacturing issue you can't solve? Our engineering experts love a challenge. Recommending efficient solutions for your application requirements is what we do best. Give us a call or fill out the form below to connect with us!+1 860 774 8571